fredag 26 februari 2010

Official Start of Project Part Two

No update for a while now. I have lingered for much too long. Not good.

Being one of those persons that need dates and dead lines to get things done, I have contacted the organizers of the gaming convention LinCon (May 13-16) with the intent of setting up the next part of this 6mm project, namely 1st Newbury.

Time flies, but I think I should be able to do all the terrain that is needed in the two months before the convention. So, in my ongoing and doomed-to-fail quest to become more organized, here is a checklist of things to finish:

  • Order another game mat from Hotz. I did this today and that settled my dilemma on how to solve the hill issue that I have been struggling with. I will cut up the new mat and glue it to foamboard or something to make the hill I need for 1st Newbury
  • Find a way how to and then make many, many hedge-lined roads.
  • Paint the last remaining units I need. This includes six or seven cavalry units and two units of single hex heavy infantry. My last order from Baccus included limbers for guns so that has to be painted and based as well.
There are more things but this is enough for now. Feels good to be on track again! I hope someone out there is following me, feel free to comment, thereby raising my morale :-)

4 kommentarer:

Asko sa...

Hi David, nice to see you back on track again. I'm looking forward to see the progress of your TACW conversion part II. I guess you will be able to reuse a lot of your already painted and based units you did for Edgehill so maybe your task will not be as exhausting as the first one?

Andreas I. sa...

Härliga tider med nya projekt! Jag har precis jagat bort sömnlösheten såhär mitt i natten mot måndag med att köpa en komplett DBA armé. Italiensk Condotta med alla tillvalen, 10mm att montera i storlek större än romarna. Det kommer bli episkt!

Radius sa...

Asko: Yes, all units I did for Edgehill will be reused for 1st Newbury. And then some more needs to be added, and they are on the way. The problem is the terrain... Will you join up at LinCon as planned? Let´s talk more by email!

Radius sa...

Andreas: Ser fram mot att se dina DBA gubbar! Häng med till LinCon och lira, Sagge är på redan. 13-16 maj.